Introduction to Social Marketing: Two-day Residential Course
Helping you achieve sustainable behaviour change
Learn the basic concepts and planning tools of social marketing in a residential setting with an experienced social marketing practitioner. At the end of the two days, participants sit an assessment to gain an accredited qualification in social marketing.
- Next course: early September 2017
- Introductory Level.
- Accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Course cost: £455 (excluding VAT and cost of accommodation and meals).
- The cost of the course includes the cost of sitting the assessment and gaining CIM accreditation
For information on the date of the next course please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A thorough understanding of the key principles and terminology of social marketing.
- Guidance on how to plan, manage and evaluate your own behaviour change programmes.
- An introduction to both qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Access to a wide range of tools and resources to assist with your own behaviour change programmes.
- The option to gain a qualification in social marketing accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
This course is designed for anyone whose job involves trying to influence people's behaviour, whether it be in public health, financial services, in a local authority or a company's HR department.
Students of marketing may also find the course useful, as well as anyone who commissions social marketing or behaviour change work.
- This course is held at Moor Hall - the Chartered Institute of Marketing's headquarters in Cookham near Maidenhead, just to the west of London and close to Heathrow Airport.
- Accommodation can be reserved at Moor Park at the cost of £98/night (excluding VAT). Included in this price is dinner and breakfast.
Mike Hope is an experienced social marketing practitioner who has worked on a wide range of public health behaviour change challenges, including alcohol control, smoking cessation, healthy weigh and cancer. Mike also teaches widely in both the UK and abroad and had been teaching this course since 2015.
This course is intensive but is also highly interactive - don't expect to be just sitting reading PowerPoint slides!
The main topics covered are:
- What social marketing is and what it isn't.
- The key elements of a successful social marketing intervention.
- Putting sociall marketing into practice - understanding who your audience is, the barriers they face to changing their behaviour ansd using audience understanding to develop interventions.
- Involving stakeholders in achieving behaviour change.
- Researching the issue - learning from others and undertaking your own reserach.
- Segmenting your audience and setting a behavioural goal.
- Turning insight into action - developing your intervention and using behavioural theory.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing assessment.
Please click here to reach our Two-day Introduction to Social Marketing Agenda page where you can download a more detailed syllabus for this course.