Introduction to Social Marketing Training Course. Washington D.C. November 2017
Helping you achieve sustainable behaviour change
This three-day course will provide a thorough introduction to the basic concepts and tools of social marketing.
- Monday 27th November - Wednesday 29th November.
- Location: 1255, 23rd Street NW, Washington D.C.
- Introductory Level.
- Accredited by the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Course cost: $975.
- The cost of the course includes the cost of sitting the assessment and gaining CIM accreditation.
- A thorough understanding of the key principles and terminology of social marketing.
- Guidance on how to plan, manage and evaluate your own behavior change programs.
- An extended introduction to both qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Access to a wide range of tools and resources to assist with your own behavior change programs.
- Gain an qualification in social marketing accredited by the Uk Chartered Institute of Marketing.
This course has been designed for those who have a rudimentary knowledge of social marketing but want to know how to commission or develop their own social marketing interventions. It will also provide those who are attending the World Social Marketng Conference a throrough grounding in social marketing so they are able to participate in the conference sessions more effectively.
To enrol please click here to access our online booking system which accepts all major credit cards. The cost of the three-day training course is $975 and includes the cost of sitting the exam and the CIM accreditation process. Alternatively you can pay via Bank Transfer - if you want to do this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an invoice.
If you have any questions about the course or the enrolment process, please contact John Landels on email@example.com.
John Bromley is a founding Director of The NSMC and has over 20 years of experience in developing, implementing and evaluating behaviour change programmes, including the first major public health behaviour change progrramme in the UK. John is also an experienced trainer and has taught the last two Booz Allen training courses in Washington D.C.
Dr Rowena Merritt is The NSMC's Research Director and has over 15 years of experience of planning and implementing social marketing secondary and primary research programmes both in the UK and internationally. Rowena worked with John Bromley to deliver the most recent Booz Allen training course in Washington D.C. in May 2017.
This course is intensive but it is highly interactive - don't expect to be just sitting around reading PowerPoint slides! We will spend a lot of time looking at case studies using a range of interactive activites to reinforce your learning. We also spend time looking at the various research techniques used in social marketing.
The main topics covered are:
- What social marketing is and what it isn't.
- The key elements of a successful social marketing intervention.
- Putting social marketing into practice - understanding who your audience is, the barriers they face to changing their behaviour and using audience understanding to develop interventions.
- Understanding your behavioural challenge.
- Involving stakeholders in achieving behaviour change.
- Researching the issue - learning from others and undertaking your own research.
- Segmenting your audience and setting a behavioural goal.
- Turning insight into action - developing your intervention and using behavioural theory.
- Planning a Communications Programme.
- An introduction to Behavioural Insights.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing assessment.
Please click here to go to our Three-day Award Course Agenda page where you can download a more detailed syllabus.